Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014... A Long Time Coming


Aah, Mother’s Day. A day empty-nesters cherish, remembering the years with our children when they were youngsters.

Believe it or not, there was a time I thought I would never get to spend another Mother’s Day with my kids. Divorce can make a sane person think such things, especially when her soul is downcast.

I’m thankful such thoughts are rubbish. And I’m so thankful for God’s healing power in my life.

The last time I spent this special day with my son was seven years ago. This year is the first time in awhile my daughter and I will not be together. However, look what she posted on Facebook!

My senior picture from high school in New Jersey (on the left).
My mother-in-law, Kate Williams (upper right).
My mom, Jean Gallagher (lower right).


Rebecca, you make a momma’s heart happy.
I’ve included some photos from this past weekend with my son.

Zak took this photo of me standing in front of my alma mater in New Jersey.


We spent some time at a boardwalk on the Jersey shore.
 
 
Zak's a health-food junkie, but he had a hankering to try fried Oreo cookies.
One was enough.
 
 
For any pop-culture buffs out there, name the popular tourist attraction of recent years shown below. The place warrants having an ATM machine placed out front!
You're correct if you guessed the locale of the TV reality show "Jersey Shore."

Here are some more shots from a side trip to visit my nephew.
My nephew Chris gave me a tour of
the New London Submarine Base
in Connecticut where he is training.
 
We lunched at the Mystic Pizza place made famous
by the Julia Roberts movie of the same name.
 
Shopping at the Olde Mistick Village in Mystic, CT.
Not sure if the crest stenciled on this mug is the authentic "Gallagher" coat of arms.

I also had the hair-brained idea to visit Nantucket on my drive home, but...

My view as the last ferry boat of the day headed out to the island.
Oh well, that excursion will have to wait for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment