Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Muddy Labrador


Wouldn’t you say that bathing an 80-pound Labrador is an appropriate way to assimilate back into family life? Did I mention there are two other dogs, a guinea pig, and a hamster living under this same roof?

Willow all cleaned up

I'm positive that living with my sister and her twin daughters will never be boring.

My cross-country move to my sister’s home ended this past Saturday when I arrived here in Maine. My friend Paige labeled our driving trip “two girls and a truck.” Thankfully, it was an uneventful drive with no mishaps. However, I would learn in no time flat that life in this house is full of, uh-hem, adventurous mishaps.

On Sunday, we unloaded the truck, and then for the next couple days, Paige and I went sightseeing. She flew back to her hometown yesterday.

Today is officially my first full day of trying to find a sense of normalcy here in Mount Vernon. Willow, the Labrador, decided to show me her own definition of normal. As I sorted through moving boxes in the storage shed, she found a doggie caper nearby.

After an hour of lifting those heavy boxes, the last thing I wanted to encounter was a brown-eyed canine covered in brown muck. But that’s our Willow, always finding an adventure somewhere. A muddy puddle is the ultimate adventure… at least from a dog’s point of view.

Yep, living here in this Mount Vernon home will never be boring.

2 comments:

  1. Custer was looking for a blog to follow, ,muddy labrador looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story and definitely the Willow I know!
    Marty

    ReplyDelete