Friday, August 23, 2013

Slobbery Golf Balls


It’s been over a decade since I played my last round of golf. Seven since I emptied a bucket of balls at the driving range. So, I dusted off my clubs and walked to the field behind my sister's house to practice my golf swing.


Besides being a bit rusty and digging too many divots, I didn't last long out there because of the dog. Willow chased down and chewed up the golf balls, returning the slobbery devils with more dimples than they originally had.

Yes, I could have left her inside, but I’ve missed being around this special pup. The job I started two weeks ago leaves little time for playtime with my favorite canine.

Running after golf balls just might replace Willow’s ultimate pastime—catching Frisbees.

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to have Willow chase down a few golf balls and a frisbee for me too! She's a beautiful Yellow Lab and a natural retriever!!! Love you story and the photo of Willow witht he golf balls, club and flower pot is perfect!!!!!! Marty

    ReplyDelete